Chiliad Iterative Discovery Cycle
Researchers and analysts use a very consistent approach when trying to extract actionable meaning from information. Chiliad has adopted this approach as a guiding principle for how we design our product. At its core, the Iterative Discovery cycle allows analysts and researchers to reach all their content, find what matters, analyze it to find meaning and continuously monitor changes.
- Reach it.
- Other approaches reduce productivity by querying limited collections and forcing individual sign on to each source.
Our approach increases productivity by crossing clouds, agencies and stovepipes—
over low bandwidth—using a single, secure sign-on to reach all data.
- Find it.
- Other approaches miss critical findings and relationships because each search is specific to a source, preventing global ranking.
Our approach ensures accuracy and priority by enabling true global ranking across all data sources to find what matters most.
- Analyze it.
- Other approaches prevent analysts from studying the most critical information because tools do not reach every source or rank results globally to indicate what matters most.
Our approach delivers the most relevant results to analysts using true global ranking matched with a suite of robust analysis tools and APIs for specialty-tool integration.
- Monitor it.
- Other approaches add complexity and lack flexibility because alerts are handled separately from queries and analyses and do not offer global ranking of new results.
Our approach ensures awareness because alerts reach any source and then validate importance globally to reduce false positives.
Chiliad Iterative Discovery Cycle: Capabilities and Benefits
Simultaneously search any data warehouse or data set behind any application—anywhere
- Operationally proven in federal agencies, including the U.S. Department of Defense (DoD), Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI), Department of Homeland Security (DHS), U.S. Customs and Border Protection and the Joint Terrorism Task Force
- Meets ODNI, Markle and NIST requirements for the Information Sharing Environment (ISE)
Seamlessly incorporate any content type
- Finds relevant data in distributed applications, unstructured content, varied file systems, structured databases, live feeds and messages, and different file formats
- Runs across hardware platforms, operating systems and security domains without replicating data or impairing the latency of sources
Include public and secure sources in searches across clouds, agencies, departments and organizations
- Supports single sign-on to enable search across multiple data sources
- Provides rigid role-based access controls for added protection
- Incorporates ISSE Guard integration to manage the secure exchange of information between dissimilarly classified networks
Deliver only what is important to users with globally relevance-ranked results
- Employs active-agent technology to form a secure virtual network that enables global ranking across all sources—at the document and sub-document level—in real time and eliminates searching one collection at a time
- Uses extremely low network bandwidth, making global ranking–across data centers or continents–practical and effective
Ensure accuracy at massive scale
- Is optimized for both precision and recall as data scales from millions to trillions of records
- Supports a wide range of search methods—that can be used simultaneously—to query any combination of nodes “on the fly”
- Extends traditional search to include conversational language queries, concept-based search, Boolean and normalized regular expressions search, proximity search, synonym matching search, “Fuzzy” or approximate term matching and geospatial search
Quickly filter and prioritize results from all sources
- Extracts concepts “on the fly” to ensure greater relevance than typical pre-indexed concept extraction systems
- Recognizes more than 40 structured concept types, including people, places, organizations, telephone numbers, drivers license numbers, passport numbers, nicknames, social security numbers, and email addresses—while allowing custom recognizers as needed
Easily discover new relationships with rich analysis and data visualization
- Presents multiple representations of findings, allowing users to uncover previously unknown associations
- Includes robust, easy-to-use tools and supports Web Service and API integration with other visualization and navigation systems
- Offers multiple visualization and navigation styles for exploration and discovery, including faceted navigation for structured data and concepts, geospatial visualization, time-series analysis and link-node analysis
Ensure situational awareness with alerts built on a platform unmatched in reach and global relevance ranking
- Proactively and continuously monitors new data at the largest scales across decentralized sources
- Instantly recognizes and extracts concepts, delivering alerts that improve situational awareness
- Includes Chiliad’s full search, analysis, ranking and extraction capabilities to reduce misses and false positives
Learn more about our solutions for your industry